I have an Aerogarden in my laundry room, and it's been growing nothing but basil all winter. It needs to be harvested every few weeks, which means I'm making another batch of my spinach basil pesto every few weeks. This might be the best thing I've made with it.
Cauliflower is the best vegetable I've found to use here, but it's certainly not the only option. Almost any roasted vegetable could be substituted or added.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 16 oz package of mini gnocchi (here's the brand I use)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces Spinach Basil Pesto, or your favorite pesto sauce.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, roasted if possible
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper and roast at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring once in the middle.
If you haven't already browned the chicken, now is a good time to do that.
While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the gnocchi according to package instructions (if you're using mini gnocchi, this won't take long). Drain them well, then combine the cauliflower, gnocchi, chicken, pine nuts and parmesan cheese in a large serving dish.