- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
Heat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
In a large bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
Coat the grids of the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Use a spoon to place small spoonfuls of cookies on the grid. Close the iron and cook until set and beginning to brown, roughly a minute and a half (my waffle iron lights up when it's done). Use a fork to transfer the cooked cookies to a wire rack and repeat with the remaining dough, coating the grids with spray as necessary.