For what it's worth, I also have this Manchego Chorizo Mac recipe, but I think this one is easier and turned out better.
- 1/2 lb Spanish chorizo (the kind that comes in links, not a tube), sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni or other pasta, uncooked
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into ~8-10 chunks
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk (You can substitute 1/2-3/4 cup skim milk and let it cook a little longer to thicken)
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- 8 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese
Brown the chorizo in a frying pan, remove to a plate with a paper towel and set aside.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente and drain.
Combine the eggs, evaporated milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper and mustard in a bowl.
Return the pasta to the pot and add the butter, stirring until melted. Pour in the egg mixture and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Stir in the chorizo and enjoy.