Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cranberry Orange Nut Bread

FOUND IT: On Cooks.com

Cranberries are one of my favorite things. I like summer as much as the next guy, but I also love the first fresh cranberries of the fall.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. butter, softened
Juice and grated peel of 1 orange
1 egg
1 c. cranberries, chopped
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Grease bottom of loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3 inches. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in orange peel (about 1 tablespoon), the juice of 1 orange and 1 egg. Stir only until the flour is moistened. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in pan.

Bake at 350 until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. Original recipe says to let it stand for at least 8 hours. I've never made it more than half an hour or so before I cut into it.

No comments: