Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spinach Artichoke soup

FOUND IT: My friend Miranda sent me this Spinach-Artichoke Dip recipe, which got me started.
MODIFIED: I added some liquids to make it into a soup in an attempt to duplicate a Chicken Florentine Soup I had in a restaurant, and some protein to make it a one-dish meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I don't like big chunks of artichoke, so I chop it up in the food processor.)
  • 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I just use a full box.)
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1-2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped bite size
  • 1 quart chicken stock or broth.
Stir all ingredients (except stock and chicken) together, then add chicken and pour stock on top. Stir briefly, then cook on low in a crock pot for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked.

No comments: