Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cranberry Brie en Croute

FOUND IT: The cranberry part is from this recipe, and the en croute part is from this one.

I've tried my normal brie en croute recipe several ways now. This one is great for holiday gatherings when cranberries are in season. With that said, the cranberry sauce recipe below makes much more than you'll need for this, so cut it in half if you don't want extra.

This one must have been a hit: I made it for a holiday party at my house and had someone immediately request I make it again for a gathering at their house.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 of a 17.3 oz package of puff pastry sheets
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 13.2 ounce Brie cheese round
For the cranberry sauce:
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 12 oz bag fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

No comments: