Saturday, September 15, 2012

Layered Pizza Dip

FOUND IT: This recipe was in the Appleton Post Crescent, and is also similar to one my aunt shared with me at one point.

This is a great, flexible party dip - feel free to change the ingredients to include your favorite pizza toppings, make it vegetarian, or whatever works for you.

I also saved some of the leftovers from this and had it on top of a sliced, grilled zucchini the next day.

Ingredients:

  • One 8 oz package of light cream cheese, softened.
  • 1/2 tbsp (or more to taste) dried oregano
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce (I use one of these pouches, which is about perfect)
  • 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
  • 1/2 cup pepperoni, diced (I got this from the deli but the slices were too thin and kind of melted away.)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used all mozzarella, but it's flexible)
Spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of a nine inch pie plate, and sprinkle the oregano over that. Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese, then sprinkle the chopped bell pepper and pepperoni over that. Top with the cheese, and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Serve with crackers.

No comments: